Businesses need to make a profit to survive but they should also look beyond that - to serve God and all people.
- C. Neal Johnson and Steven Rundle, Business as Mission: A Comprehensive Guide to Theory and Practice. 2009.
- Working Your Way to the Nations, edited by Jonathan Lewis.
The Business as Mission Think Tank associated with the Lausanne Movement has recently produced several important reports among which are the following:
- Biblical Foundations for Business as Mission
- Business as Mission & the End of Poverty
- Business as Mission in Mongolia
- Business as Mission and Human Trafficking: Combating the Business of the Slave Trade with BAM. Between 12 and 27 million people globally are currently caught in human trafficking and exploited for their labor or sexual services. To begin combating the monstrosities represented by these numbers, we must recognize that trafficking is an industry and the sex trade is a business.
Freedom businesses are uniquely positioned to strike at the economically driven foundations of the sex trade. By combining the necessary components of economic productivity and holistic ministry, the staggering numbers of people caught in the trade can be reduced through the powerful response of freedom business.
- BAM in a Box : Business as Mission Franchising: Replicating Proven Businesses