These bulletins are designed to stimulate thought and discussion about current issues in mission training.
Click on the bulletin heading to read or download.
- Bulletin 01 Equipping the whole person January 2015 Ruth M Wall PhD
Examining the ‘head-heart-hands’ of mission training: Effective ministry requires more than knowing information and more than knowing how to apply that information in other contexts. Effective ministry also requires mature and godly emotions and the ability to relate to God, to self and to others in ways that are healthy and resilient.
- Bulletin 02 Missionary training as member care - the Korean case May 2015 Felipe Jinsuk Byun PhD
The effect of missionary training on member care in the light of the 29 years of training ministry undertaken by the Global Missionary Training Center (GMTC) in Korea.
- Bulletin 03 Re-thinking intercultural mission training in Latin America (including appendix) December 2015 Omar Gava, with Mark Hedinger and Fabian Rey
New models of on-the-job missionary training in Latin America.
- Bulletin 04(a) E-quipped to serve - a mission training delivered by e-learning February 2016 Kate Wiseman PhD
Kate Wiseman PhD, of All Nations Christian College, UK, delivers the first part of the summary of her ten-year study into how missionary training can be delivered effectively.
- Bulletin 04(b) E-quipped to serve - a framework for delivering mission training through e-learning April 2016 Kate Wiseman PhD
Kate Wiseman PhD, of All Nations Christian College, UK, argues that mission trainers need to intentionally incorporate and balance all the key elements: Community, Design, Pedagogy, Resources, Support and Technology.
- Bulletin 05 Communicating the gospel in honor and shame cultures September 2016 Jayson Georges
How to equip people to share the good news with people whose worldview is dominated by honor and shame.
- Bulletin 06 Words and actions February 2017 Ruth Wall PhD
Some reflections, reading and a round-up from the IMTN network
- Bulletin 07 Arts in mission April 2017 Jill Ford, Robin Harris and Brian Schrag
Discussion on how to engage the arts in mission.
- Bulletin 08 Focusing on competencies July 2017 Bennie Wolvaardt
Discussion focusing on how competencies can help improve training.
- Bulletin 09 Reflecting on missionary training December 2017 David Ruiz and others
Current issues in missionary training.
- Bulletin 10 A brief window into the world of TCK's April 2018 Tanya Crossman
A Brief Window into the World of Third Culture Kids.
- Bulletin 11 The Relational Paradigm May 2018 Mark Hedinger
A Relational Approach to Missionary Training.
- IMTN Bulletin 12 A Relational Epistemology July 2018 David Williams
How relating to God can help prepare missionaries.
- IMTN Bulletin 13 Case Study No 1 - Nigeria Evangelical Missionary Institute January 2019 Samuel Olatunbi
Learning from NEMI which has been training missionaries since 1986.
- IMTN Bulletin 14 - The Elders' Council April 2019 Jim Harries
A procedure for eliciting the opinion of local elders on missionary methods.
IMTN Bulletin 15 - Two Case Studies of online missionary training June 2019 1 Andrea Thomas; 2 Richard Reilly
The All Nations Christian College online Enroute course and the V Puti course which is based on it.
IMTN Bulletin 16 - Case Study from Romania - a clear strategy for effectiveness October 2019 Ileana Hrișcă
A description of the training at the Romanian Centre of Cross-Cultural Studies (CRST).