Winning people to Christ and helping them form new communities which fulfil all the Lord's commands and continue to reproduce and multiply through an ongoing indigenous pastor-to-pastor training programme throughout the whole people group and area, including sending workers to evangelise other peoples is the essence of the missionary task.
The Lord has used several people to begin church planting movements with tens of thousands of new churches in the last twenty years.
- Curtis Sergeant has produced helpful training at:
- David Watson and his son Paul have written helpful resources e.g.:
- Jerry Trousdale has documented some of this in his excellent book Miraculous Movements, including a helpful chapter on implementation of the Discovery Bible Study method.
- George Patterson has produced many helps which facilitate this process. Here are some of them:
- The Training 4 Trainers ideas have also been of great help:
- Allied to this are the simple church ideas: